Our Shih Tzu Breeding Plan
Our Breeding Plan
Our Shih Tzu Breeding Plan has been formulated based on genetics, psychology, and animal husbandry is constantly updated as new information becomes available.
The plan of course means any dog that is bred on our property in NE Ohio. Let me tell you what makes us unique.
It’s a family affair. We all chip into help make sure our adults are well cared for, exercised, trained and happy.
Happy, stress-free adult dogs make happy adjusted puppies.
Our Shih Tzu Breeding Plan:
What Makes Us Unique?
- Our breeding program is based on extensive research, study and experience and we always strive to maintain the best practices for a quality program.
- All of our dogs live in our home. We do not have a kennel. All of our breeding dogs are our pets just like those dogs and cats who also live here and have been neutered or spayed.
- Our Shih Tzu breeding plan includes early and ongoing puppy socialization. Each puppy is handled daily from the moment
they are born preparing them for their forever home. But that is not all
the socialization we do, we have a regular protocol of activities for our
puppies to assure they will be well socialized, happy and ready for their
- We feed top quality food premium brand
dog food to all of our dogs. We
believe that a high quality diet that does not include grains such as
corn, wheat and soy are more appropriate for the overall health of our
dogs. Supplements are given on an as needed and individual basis.
- Our dogs receive regular veterinary
services and tests at our local veterinary hospital
- Our dogs get regular exercise inside our
home and on our five acres outdoors. Weather permitting; puppies go
outside around 5 weeks of age on a daily basis.
- Our puppies are groomed from an early age
to make your job of grooming a little easier. By the time your puppy reaches 8 weeks
of age, he has had at least two and often three baths, nail clips and been
introduced to other grooming tasks such as cleaning inside their ears,
brushing their teeth, removing hair from their foot pads and a sanitary
- Puppies receive regular vaccinations and
veterinary care as needed. We start
our vaccination program between 6 and 8 weeks of age, so your puppy will
have received his first set and often two sets of shots before you take
him home. We worm at 2,4,6 and 8 weeks of age and worm for intestinal
parasites including worms, Coccidia and Giardia.
- We provide you will a health guarantee and life time support.
- We emphasize health and socialization of our puppies as well as conformation.
- All of our purebred puppies are sold with limited AKC registration and are considered to be of pet quality. We do not make any guarantees of show quality in any of the puppies we sell. We are an AKC Inspected Facility
- The Best way to reach us is through e-mail and filling out the form below. We answer all emails within 24 hours unless there is an emergency. If you haven't heard from us within 24 hours, please return and fill out the form below again.
- We are not always available to answer phone calls, but if you like, please call at 234-380-5836. Leave a message and we will get back to you.
Grab our Newsletter "Tzu Tips"
Get the latest on everything Shih Tzu. Sign up today for our monthly E-zine. It's free!
Advertising on this Site
Miracle Shih Tzu is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com This site receives a small commission from all affiliate links and third-party advertising.
Like and Comment
Was this information helpful?
Did you like it? Do you have a comment to share?
Just leave a comment below, and click like or share to let others know about this site.
Thank you so much. I really appreciate your input.
Have a Question that Needs an Answer?
I am not always able to respond directly to your posts below
so if you have a question specifically for me, please use my contact form. Thanks.